Followers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

the path twords cochlear implants....

When we got the news that Aubrey was hard of hearing and we knew it was progressive loss, we knew that one day she would need a cochlear implant. I never looked into it back then I just left it alone until the day would come.....that day is now here!
I am feeling so overwhelmed, scared, concerned, sad.....even angry! We met with the surgeon in Missoula, Dr, Vonorten and I am not doubtng his ability just his ability to conect with the family....not sure that makes a ton of sense!
The thought of the cochlear implant was scary to us, i would always in a heart beat give Aubrey what she wanted....but is this right for her? I just am not sure of that answer. I love my girls more then life itself. I HATE to see the sadness and hear the comments as such. I remember i used to hear your voice and now i cant, or i hope i never forget what the kitty purring sounds like, ughhh such a long road ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment