Followers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19th:)

~~on a side note today is Frank's last year of his 30's...today he turns 39!!! Happy birthday to the man that is AWESOME~~my Frank!

~The last few weeks have been a struggle for my Aubrey, she has been so challenged, so put to the test and today she is sick, I really feel like it has worn her down and beat her up...so now she is sick~~and sleeping like no tomorrow! School is her safe zone her place to succeed her place to shine...she has complete acceptance and love! but the loss of the hearing she had left has just turned her world upside down! The desire to hear more the want is so strong, I hate seeing her get so frustrated because she just cant get it. Today we see yet another new audiologist...here in Great falls, I have my fingers crossed that this one will work out. We had gone to another one across town that was suggested by our old audie and wow, she was HORRIBLE. I should have known when I called to make the appointment, it was like pulling teeth to get them to cover a interpreter they felt "it was not fair that they had to pay for this out of their pocket" fortunately there are laws the ADA is my friend and wow I have learned a lot!
We are still awaiting a call from the Denver clinic where will go for the beginning of our cochlear implant process....I emailed the audiologist today and hoping for a call back this week! we are ready for the path to begin! we are ready for more options!
~~I had a meeting with Madie's school Lewis and clark....and wow for the first time in her schooling I felt AWESOME. we were all a team and we were all going in the right direction...we all wanted what was going to be the best for Madeline:) she will be sharing time with MSDB and Lewis and Clark....she will be mainstreamed but then go over to MSDB for lunch some sign language social time with her peers...and a interrupter will be over for Madie at Lewis and Clark in the morning till lunch time for her they call it sign support:) Then we also have started talking with the cottages about Madie spending more time there...maybe a few times after school staying for dinner then once a week sleeping there.....AWESOME!!!
~I on the other hand have overwhelmed with being an advocate....but i as always will continue to push through:)

No comments:

Post a Comment