Followers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Already shaping up to be a NOT so good day and it is 8:10 in the morning, and a Monday at that! The ice is so thick here it took forever to get the ice off my windows, a tough job and YES, my elbows were tired after that job!
This was the weekend that Madie spent at MSDB, the second weekend of every month is hers to be with her friends and to give Frank and I a entire weekend to breath:) Public schools are off today...MSDB is going strong! When I went to pick Madeline up yesterday she was having such a great time! Her and the kids there are really becoming great buddies...so of course she wanted to stay. With their being school I had to go early this morning to pick her up! But the nice thing was Aubz stayed here with Frank and I so....we got some AUBREY time alone:) It was nice.
This Monday morning was already shaping up to be YUCKY, the ice the long night and the packing and packing that needs to be done (yes, we are moving) I had to drop one hearing aid off at the audie...Aubrey is just not getting power from it. The other aid is LOST. YUP, that is right. Madie, just has NO clue! I asked her in the car if her hearing aid was on....she says "no it's at home" I immediately freak out! inside I am screaming, this is such a routine for us and i am at a loss of how to stop it! We have a "bed" for it but obviously that isnt working. Thursday was the last known day she had it in her ear. Heck i assume that she had it yesterday, but she informed me that was not the case. WHY, OH WHY does this happen? She has NO concept and I am shaking inside! Madie is 7....and a madie 7! we are suppose to work as a team with this aid but i think i am failing, I cannot and will not make her assume full responsibility but we need some help in this department. ANY and ALL ideas would be greatly appreciated
So then I drop Aubrey's hearing aid off and leave there feeling more then angry. I go there because i am NOT a audiologist, support and ideas come from them. Right? or am i wrong to think that? All I know is PHONIAK gave us a time limit on this new NAUDIA aid and that time limit is done on FEB 1st. It needs to be back in their office. We have already, supposidly done a longer contract, so it needs to go back. BUT here is where I am lost. Montana Medicaid. Will they shell out a huge sum of money for that left ear PHONIAK and then in a few months shell out 30 grand for a CI on that right ear? I have heard so many different things. I could call but its not a written kind of thing. I am not sure anyone has the answers. Then sending it back, I guess I assumed that the audiologist would help me get that done, but they look at me like i am asking them to give me 10 pounds of gold!
I am so scattered in witting this....I am searching for a aid and Fielding calls...IU will write more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment