Followers

Monday, January 3, 2011

I really really need to be better about posting. I have set this up for a place to me to vent but also I think it is so important for us as parents to be there for one another. For me to offer my advice or give you what I am doing....maybe something will help. My heartache is for a reason. I truly believe that. I have a tendency to be very loud and opinionated but it is for a reason. Trust me, walk a mile in my shoes....then you will understand! I have struggles just like you, I get mad, I scream just as loud! Trust me....we were put on this earth for a reason:)
~~So we had a appointment at the audiologist today......She wanted to check in and see how Madie was doing with her new hearing aid. Last month we got her a Naudia...and WOW, such a difference. Madie is so used to the power, the boost of loudness...and with this one it is taking some time to adapt but it is working more on clarity then loudness. All in all I think it is going to be great!
Our other issue was..... the cat got the hearing aid. I am so at a loss on how to help my kids be responsible hearing aid users:) We have the dry aid kit...we have the string...we are doing everything in MY power to make sure it is put to bed at night! I think I need to start a chart of some sorts...something to get Madie and really Aubrey too...to get them interested. I will say AubZ is way better then she was a few years ago. I think age has something to do with it....but Madie, ughhh. I know there are so many of us parents out there that have this same issue. Heck send me ideas...I would love to hear!
I made some phone calls today, looking for some bigger ticket items for a raffle or a spaghetti feed for Aubrey's benefit. Hoping someone out there will want to help me out with that. We have been blessed with people depositing money in the "benefit for Aubrey Winans account" which is so awesome. I just really feel that more can be done! So again if anyone has ideas<>
Thanks everyone for loving us....its not easy at times, I do know that. But it is important that we have your love and support! Everyone needs a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment