Followers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

counting down the days....

~~Good Morning...
I haven't done a very good job of posting here,not my intention at all! I seem to put everything on facebook:) anyhow Denver is beautiful today. The sun is shinning and the sky is blue. Talked to Frank today and he said that it was 25 degrees and snowing~~ugh I am liking this almost summer like weather here!
Well I must say that surgery is NOT at all as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. Aubrey has taken this challenge head on~~she hasn't taken a pain pill in 3 days. yesterday she was doing cartwheels and three days after surgery she was doing yoga!!! the kid is amazing!
I will say she has had a hard time with the nausea and dizziness, but NOT like others~~some have to literally hold the walls to walk anywhere! As of yesterday I would safe it is safe to assume that the worst is over. We saw the surgeon and she said everything is healing beautifully~~There was a concern at one point, I had actually taken her back to the ER. She was slurring her words and really dizzy and having a hard time keeping anything down. They said that she was really dehydrated, so we got some fluids in her! ~~~A SIDE NOTE~~~ I was SO not happy with Children's hosptial emergency department, and they have heard about it. I went straight to the TOP man in charge! I asked for a interpetor when we got in, the doctor says "well you can sign cant you" well, that is not the point I say, I am not going to sign, tonight I want to be her mother so you will need to get a interpetor. They brought in Martii (the hosptial's computer interpetor on wheels. NO ONE had a clue how to run it! My blood was boiling at this point. How do I teach my daughter how to have a voice if this hospital is not willing to support her way of communication. NOT ACCEPTABLE. The doctor asked me wuestions, I am not the patient, I am not the one who is sick...come on now, am i over reacting? NO! NOT AT ALL. Everyone needs to be aware, you may not have to care...thats my job, but you need to have compassion twords others, not be a ignorant ASS. The other issue, since I am on a role now....the hospital's VP (video phone) is not working, nor has it been working since we got here. Most people did NOT even know they had one. NO one had a clue how to fix it! as of today, I think we are working on it, I had talked to the director of public relations and let him know it was NOT acceptable, I could understand if they needed to call at IT guy, or needed some time to call the right people. NOT a week and a half!!!!! that has me very upset! Her dad and sister are not here in Denver, and they need to be apart of this journey too~~~
So where was I?? I went off on a important tangent! (the spell check is not working either on this computer so bear with me:) Friday is activation...we are so excited! Aubrey said to me last night, "mom, I am excited to hear your voice again" ugh that sent me in some tears. I agree! I am so proud of Aubrey and the way she has taken this challange head on! she is a true insperation!!!! ohh, needless to say, The one thing Aubz has missed "hearing" is animals...the birds chirping the dogs barking...well Saturday we are foing to the Denver ZOO!!!! talk anout AMAZING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Allie...I love you so much and am so proud of you! You have become such a beautiful woman and mother! You are an amazing MOMMY! I wish I had the strength you have! You just amaze me!
    Aubrey...You are such a beautiful girl! I know I don't know you but what I know about you is absolutly amazing! You have struggled a lot but just think..you will get to hear your mom's, dad's and sisters voices, AND of course your animals and all the amazing sounds you have wanted to hear for so long SOON! I am very proud of you! I am SO EXCITED for you! Hopefully one day soon we can meet and share your experience! We have 3 horses and I would love for you to be able to hear them nay and ride them! Your story brings tears to my eyes (good ones!) My heart twitters when I read about your journey! I love you all and again hope we can meet! <3 Judy, Shanyce, and Treven Craven.

    ReplyDelete