Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Night before surgery

Well here we are! Wow, what a crazy day~we got to the airport early, like u are suppose to~then we were told our plane was 2 hours late, goodness! We were ready to go, I wanted to get this journey going!! So we read, Aubz worked on her homework...we played on our phones....then that announcement came, it was time to board! Yahoo, we were a few steps closer! I must admit, while trying to stay cool, I was a mixture of a mess inside~flying to me is scary. Following directions is about impossible..I was missing the lead of my Frank!
We board the plane, mind you this is all new to Aubrey, she hasn't been on a airplane since her open heart surgery 13 and a half years ago!!! Experiencing this with her was only beginning. Looking out the windows, seeing the world below us, the blankets of snow that went on and on and on! Going threw the clouds, coming out the other side to a blanket of blue sky. As we took of I felt a ball of emotion..I felt that lump in my throat, then the tears just took over! The last 13 years played in my mind. Remembering the day we brought her home, so excited, our baby we tried so hard to have was home with us..her first steps, watching her grow~this moment is Massive to us, this moment in our life is almost indescribable~~
The Denver airport is NOTHING like my Montana airport, I was overwhelmed getting off. The amount of people, signs..food places,stairs,elevators and a TRAM. We rode that for a while, got off and then walked forever...wow, I was panicking inside..looking for Momma Moe...but then I started stressing again, would she recognize me? Oh my mind was spinning. Aubrey was lost too...trying to read me, and figure out where to go! All in all we found mamma Moe! We came to the RMH, ate dinner then off to target to get the goods! I knew I needed pillows~i remembered from last time they were not what I was used to! And Aubz needed her body pillow! Got back here and we got all the goods put away...came to crash and watch some TV, well that was a FLOP and it is going to be a LONG three weeks so - hope a answer can be found! The TV, we can't get the captions on...some guy came and tried and tried but failed. So that was some tense moments! There has to be a way to get it figured out, I will talk with the hospital tomorrow...maybe they can help!
Well early to rise, the shuttle is picking us up at 615. Check in at 630 surgery at 830! I will keep everyone posted ..I am shouting out to Mamma Moe, she made a awesome goodie basket for Aubz, it was more then perfect! What a great welcome to Denver:)Night everyone

3 comments:

  1. Alright, get some sleep!! Your going to be much better tomorrow with sleep! The greatest part about you is your passion for your kids, although sometimes its annoying!! Aubz knows what I'm talking about!

    I'll be in and out of service tomorrow, but I'll pull over if you text me so we can talk if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything goes well for Aubrey. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and kisses to Aubrey! What an amazing, brave girl. Kudos to her fantastic parents!

    ReplyDelete