Followers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

one week and counting....

Goodness gracious....we are ONE week away from surgery! Our families life is about to change! Most of all my girl~~her life is about to become everything and more!
This morning i woke up to my nerves, I am so nervous and anxious...I hope it will be what I think..I only pray for amazing things, but i also have those mother worries! What about her headaches, what if nothing changes, what if she has complications....but all in all I truly understand that those feelings are normal...my daughter is having surgery!
These headaches are crazy, I hate hate hate seeing Aubrey struggle so much. We have seen the neurologist and we are increasing her medications, and have a standing order for Toradol in her file....but in all reality, we have yet to find something that is helping. One thing that Frank and I noticed is her pupils get huge when she is having a headaches, and that is the "cue" for the school nurse, she See's Aubrey's headache....well we found out that is how her body reacts to the pain! wow, guess you cant lie about a headache! SO, I spoke with our audiologist, explained to her my fears...Dr. Yoon will be calling me this week...but she said it is not predictable, just because you get a implant doesn't mean you are going to suffer from headaches for the rest of your life. But on the flip side to that so many of the posts i see are talking about the pain of the headache and how horrible it is!
On a different note....My Madeline is having a hard time with mommy leaving for so long! she wrote me a letter and told me i cant read it until i am on the airplane:) so sweet, she got that idea from me. This morning I was going crazy, making lists and writing notes! I cant imagine three weeks away from the family...its honestly not even three weeks, it is 17 days...ohh man!
~~In the mist of all of this...insurance has been cleared BUT, they are not impressed with me...they don't understand why Dr. Vondorsten, who is in Missoula which is 3 hours away from us...why he will not preform this CI. Geesh I have not a clue! and after he called me and told me how horrible i was as a parent, he can jump off a bridge. His opinions do NOT matter to me! I think it is crazy I am the one being questioned about it! I finally asked for the board of medicals staff and I will be writing them a letter...I have enough on my plate to deal with...

No comments:

Post a Comment