Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

~~~day 3, really:)

Well today is Sunday afternoon and we are so ready to go home! We miss Madeline and Dad so very much! As much as the Ronald McDonald House is AMAZING and so wonderful, it is NOT home:) These people here are one in a million, everyone has a different story and it is as unique as a zebra print! The one thing that I have really learned is we as people need to show more compassion, we need to reach out more! everyone somewhere is having a bad day...a bad moment... We don't know what is going on in their lives, and who are we to judge. That almost sounds funny~~coming out of my mouth, because I know I have a strong attitude and opinions...But something in the last few weeks has blossomed inside!
~~~~~Before i go on to chat about Aubrey...please send hugs and loves and healing thoughts to DENVER, the Children's hospital, and the families who have such heavy hearts!!~~~~~~

****We went to the Denver Zoo yesterday and truly it was a day that I will never forget! just the excitement in my daughters eyes, sharing such a fun filled day. We also had crazy Moe girl come from Texas her wonderful boyfriend Jason and Mama Moe to share the ZOO experience with! Once I get home to MY computer I will post more pictures, and the few videos we have, so much we share on facebook too, so if any of you are not on my friends list reading this...feel free to ask for a invite:) ANYWAY, we did learn that the birds, which she has so wanted to hear are to high of a pitch so we need to chat about that when we see Jennifer on Monday. The geese were out like crazy and those guys she heard! I think she was ready to kick them:) As we were going from all the exhibits she was just in love with those big animals and amazed at the Bright colors of so many of them. The elephants and monkeys and zebras...OH the apes stole our hearts. As we were walking by the "horse" exhibit, not sure what exactly they were....not a horse not a mule but a ancestor of a horse....they were making their sounds (neigh), Aubrey stopped us because she heard something she wasn't sure what exactly it was. It happened again, I had to quickly pull together my world to think about what was going on and what sounds she could be talking about....as it happened again he turned to see them and that was it....she had never experienced the sounds of a horse! wow, think about that....a simple sound that I have heard a million times....this time was the best of the best! At the end of our day we ended it in the gift shop~~~wow, does Denver have a gift shop, it was two floors. We were on a mission:) A very nice older lady was working there and she immediately came to us and wanted to help us....she says 'now tell me what you need' inside my head I was worried her arms were bigger then my basket!!! So after naming everything we wanted to all the special people back in MONTANA...this woman, says tell me your story, my husband is a doctor. So we shared little pieces of our journey and this woman was now standing in front of me with tears welding in her eyes. She expressed how beautiful Aubrey was and how amazing her voice was....I wanted to take her home with me (she reminded me of the little Sicilian grandma, and she needed to fit in my back pack) Then we talked about her heart surgery and she shared with me that her husband was a cardiologist...OH, this woman was amazing! she was so sweet and so compassionate! So after a huge chunk out of my wallet we were on our way back to the RMH.
******Then she was off again, this time to a LACROSSE game, and that even got a rise out of her, she was excited to hear the buzzer...and she giggled when she had to take off her processor when the woman was screaming at the referees...she was a little angry and very LOUD!!! but it was nice, it was a great experience:)
*****coming home, watching her take off her processor, it was like AHHHH, this is great! Aubz said...that was a great feeling for her. At times just taking it off and being in a quite world:)

No comments:

Post a Comment